If sustaining the secrecy of your incoming as well as outgoing mails is a matter of concern, a strategy that would keep everything safe and secure is a locking mailbox. Surprisingly, it does not need a key and you can still enjoy its promising service of preserving your mails with absolute safety. As per the United States Postal Service (USPS), residential curbside locking mailboxes are quite efficient as the postal officer finds it quite easy to drop in the mails through the slot or door. In 2001, the first designs for a locking curbside mailbox were first approved by USPS. Today, it is counted among the essential domestic components to safeguard the confidentiality of your private and business matters. Therefore, investing in bringing home the best locking mailbox is the wisest thing for all homeowners today.
5 Best Locking Mailbox Reviews 2018
Mail Boss 7506 Mail Manager Locking Security Mailbox, Black
Technology has responded well towards strengthening the privacy of mailboxes, and one such instance is the Mail Boss 7506. Approved by the United States Postal Service, this advanced mailbox is perfect for residences where homeowners will now find it easier to prevent mail-identity theft. What makes it an amazing pick for modern homes is its sturdy construction owing to its 14 and 16-gauge electro-galvanized welded steel. Equipped with an anti-pry latch locking system, it will stop intruders from accessing its contents inside. Even its 12-disc wafer lock will stop thieves from drilling it. In other words, Mail Boss 7506 is just too good to safeguard your mailbox.
Features and Specifications:
- Holds the ability to accommodate small packages, magazines, letters etc.
- Equipped with a tempered steel hook cam made of chrome alloy for supporting the anti-pry latch lock system
- Sturdy construction with electro-galvanized steel for withstanding extreme weather conditions and impact
- Comes with a unique baffle door design that makes way for small packages and mails, enabling security and preventing phishing
- Its 12-disc wafer lock ensures top security for its locking access door and creates hindrance to drilling and picking
- Three laser-cut key shape been provided to stop intruders from accessing any type of contents from the mailbox
- Easy to mount and install that takes no time at all
- High protection against vandalism owing to its 12-disc wafer lock
- Ample space to keep more letters and packages, making it easier for letter carriers and tough for intruders
- Not suitable for keeping all types of papers, especially magazines
- Not a good option to be kept under raining conditions
Mail Boss 7160 Metro Locking Wall Mount Mailbox
Simply magical and high on security, Mail Boss 7160 has now made ways to numerous homes for protecting mailboxes like anything. With top scores in accommodation, it is no doubt phenomenal in accepting all type of mails, big and small. Apart from this, it features a metro locking system that doubles its ability to disappoint outsiders in not being able to place hands inside. Designed to prevent leveraged entry, it comes powder coated and also made of heavy-gauge galvanized steel. What also makes it easier to mount and install is its innovative mourning bracket. If you are, therefore, planning to invest in a mailbox, you are sure to remain contented with Mail Boss 7160.
Features and Specifications:
- Highly resistant to bad weather conditions owing to its powder-coated finish and stainless steel hinges
- Easy to install on any surface with the help of an innovative mounting bracket, lag bolts,and 3 keys
- Keeps all chances of phishing away with its anti-pry latch lock mechanism
- Longevity leaves no question as it is made of 14 and 16-gauge electro-galvanized steel
- Compact in shape as it measures 7.2 x 15.4 x 14.8 inches and can be installed without taking any space
- Does not weigh much as it has a total weight of 18 pounds
- Capable of wall-mount for more convenience
- Extremely durable and has the potential to last long
- Holds the capacity to withstand all types of weather conditions
- Involves no hassles to install on any type of surface
- Holds large volumes of mails with no complications
- Mounting bracket cannot be removed that creates problems during installation
- Parts of the mailbox are made of inferior quality materials
Epoch 7106 MailBoss Curbside Locking Mailbox, Black
Security and reliability will now go hand in hand with this 21st-century mailbox from the house of Epoch. Black in color, Epoch 7106 has done a commendable job for thousands of homeowners who consider it now among the premium curbside locking mailboxes. Made of electro-galvanized steel, it not only boasts of its strength but also counts among the most durable mailboxes. Moreover, it has been designed as per the drastic weather conditions with stainless steel hinges. Furthermore, it also has some great safety features with high-grade wafer lock and anti-pry lock mechanism. In case you have plans to bring home the best locking mailbox residential, go for it.
Features and Specifications:
- Equipped with standard boxes of 1.9 inches that easily accept incoming mails
- Comes with a locking access mail preservation space that can comfortably take up to weeks of mails
- Supported by a mail tray that is concealed within and designed for outgoing mails
- Takes no time and effort to install owing to its Fast-Trak Mounting Plate
- Can be installed on diverse surfaces ranging from metal to wood
- Construction is solid as it is made of heavy gauge galvanized steel and will not be subject to rust
- It is powder coated that ensures its lifelong service
- Sports a curbside style and is black in color
- Super durable and can withstand all sorts of weather conditions
- Comes with anti-pry latch system that makes accessibility tough for intruders
- No chances of water to enter into it as it water-resistant and rust-free
- Accommodation is huge as it can take in plenty of mails
- Keys included with the mailbox are often difficult to open it up
- Lock system is a bit complicated
Mail Boss 7500 Mail Manager Pro Locking Security Mailbox, Black
Although you might be having a mailbox, you are still not happy with its security, which is indeed a major threat to your happiness. So, why not get rid of the old one and bring home Mail Boss 7500 Mail Manager Pro? With incredible security features and galvanized welded steel construction, this locking mailbox is USPS approved and perfect for residential use. You don’t need even need to call up a professional as it comes with a Fast-Trak mounting plate that makes it easier to install. With three laser-cut keys, vandal resistant bag,and a pullout mail tray, it will be worth every penny to keep your mails safe and sound.
Features and Specifications:
- Works as a shield against vandalism with a powder-coated and electro galvanized welded steel body
- Accredited by United States Postal Service in terms of using it for residential purposes and safeguarding identity theft
- Takes a few minutes to install on any type of surface with its Fast-Trak mounting plate
- Convenience assured as it comes with several components like three laser-cut keys, 12-disc wafer lock pull out mail tray etc.
- Features a baffle door design along with anti-pry latch lock mechanism
- Weighs around 31 pounds and has a very compact design with dimensions of 21 x 10.8 x 11.2 inches
- Mounting procedure is so easy with the help of Fast-Trak mounting plate
- High on sturdiness and longevity as well for being made with stainless-steel hinges
- Highly water-resistant and designed to stand strong in bad weather conditions
- Capacity to take in bigger mails is not sufficient
- Lack of sufficient machine bolts for the box to attach to the mounting plate
dVault® Parcel Protector Vault DVU0050 Locking Post/Column Mount Mailbox
dVault brings you to a smart, secured and robust locking mailbox that will now take immense care of your incoming mails. This upgraded parcel protector has a very strong security system as it comes equipped with not only anti-pry door mechanism but also posi lock. With these, homeowners are no more required to worry about package theft as this locking mailbox is outstandingly versatile in terms of protection. Its powder-coatedpoly-hammer body along with the hinges made of stainless steelleaves no questions in its durability. So, if you have a locking mailbox in mind, you won’t burn a hole in your pocket with this model at home.
Features and Specifications:
- Equipped with posi lock that prevents one from pry attacks and keeps all incoming mails safe
- Extremely robust body as it is made of 16 gauge galvanized steel and powder coat of commercial grade
- Comes with varying door options like front access door and key-locked rear access door
- Has a mail clip that has been designed for outgoing mails
- Comes with a postal flag attached to address the postal officer for outgoing mails
- Sports a compact design with dimensions of 14.5x 34.25 x 14.5 inches (W x H x D)
- Capacity is huge and weighs 55 lbs
- Very reliable and durable and assures to keep its contents inside safe and dry
- Heavy-duty construction and will not be subject to rust and corrosion
- Can fit perfectly to all types of surfaces
- Has an extremely modernized and versatile locking system
- Mounting plates are too light for taking the weight of mails
- The weight of the mailbox is too heavy
How to choose the Best Locking Mailboxes
Intruders are everywhere who take the smartest of strategies to access the most confidential matters of your personal and professional life as well. But this doesn’t mean that they will keep succeeding every time, leaving you clueless about how to get rid of them. A lot of homeowners, today, are still lying exposed to threats in various ways, and one of them is having an unreliable mailbox. Well, letters, applications,and documents keep coming to your mailboxes. Out of these, some can be so crucial, which if delivered to wrong hands, can land you in a sea of troubles. So, what is essential for all homeowners is to have a super reliable locking mailbox.
The 21st-century mailboxes are brilliant in terms of safety. In fact, the locking mailboxes are now given such smart designs and security features that intruders will have a real bad day while trying to pull off your stuff lying inside. However, a lot of homeowners are ignorant of these advanced letterboxes that must be kept at all cost. So, if you have been planning to get the best locking mailbox for your home, a few essential factors need to be kept in mind. Let’s take a look:
- How secured is the mailbox – Just imagine the blunder you will make while leaving your utility bills exposed to thieves. Once they fetch your bank account details, it will just take a few seconds to leave you bankrupt. So, make sure that the flap is not too big to let one put hands on your mails. However, it is also important to check that the flap is not so small that might create difficulty for the letter carrier to place the parcels Just analyze your needs and choose a mailbox accordingly.
- How your mailbox can be set up – If you are new to locking mailboxes, it is very important for you to know how they should be set up. For this, you must know that these come in two basic styles. One is a curbside locking mailbox that rests on a post near your curb. The other one is a wall mount locking mailbox that attaches to your garage or gate. So, make the choice as per how you want your mailbox to be set up.
- How strong can it withstand weather conditions – It’s a nightmare for homeowners to have a mailbox that accumulates rust and thereafter deteriorates with bad weather conditions. So, it would be wiser to check whether the mailbox you are going to buy has electro-galvanized steel. With this, you can be assured of its longevity. Moreover, it would stand strong against fierce weather conditions, keeping your mails safe and secured.
- How easier it is to install – Of course, easy installation should be one of the concerns prior to choosing the best locking mailbox. You can attach, slide or secure, to install the mailbox. So, if you are going all by yourself, make sure it has strong components. Otherwise, take help of a professional to get the installation done. Remember, the higher the quality of a locking mailbox, the easier it is to install.
Security is the biggest thing you will always want to ensure, be it for your personal or professional matters. So, now that you have to come to know about a locking mailbox, you will surely witness what it does to keep all your letters and documents safe. Just be sure of the type you will be buying as well as the weather conditions under which you will be setting up one. Newbies can always talk to experts and know more about the new models in the market. So, invest in the best locking mailbox today to keep all those intruders miles away from putting you into dire straits.