Have you ever been in situations where you want to prune some revolting branches of a tree in your beautiful garden, but you would just not reach them. Pole saw offers help in such situation. No it won’t lift you up, instead it would just help you to do pruning which is above your head height. Going by the name, a pole saw is simply a saw attached to end of a pole. One can say it is a marvelous replacement to the ladder and the risks of climbing one. Here we have prepared a list of various pole saws along with detailed features. Have a perusal through the following, to know which is the best pole saw for you as a landscaper or a passionate local gardener.
Top Best Pole Saws Comparison Chart
8 Best Pole Saws Reviews
BLACK+DECKER LPP120 20V Lithium Ion Pole Saw, 8″
This one is a cordless pole saw and as the name goes, it works on the lithium-ion battery. These batteries are known to last long for five times more than the traditional NiCad ones. This tool in an excellent choice for those who are looking forward to apply the overhead pruning and maneuvering of the extremely tall trees in their lawns. Black and Decker pole saw is designed to be light-weight so that it can be carried anywhere from the working site. With the exceptional features, the tool is a golden instrument for all the professional landscapers.
Key Features and Specifications:
Go through the various features of this cordless lithium battery pole saw and learn more about its specifications as discussed in detail below:
- The size of the cutting bar is 8 inches which yields the cutting radius of almost 3 inches.
- The best feature of the Black Decker pole saw is its length. The useable length is around 10 inches to 6.5 inches which yields the pruning up to 14 feet over the head. With this cordless pole saw, you don’t need someone tall to help you while you carve your heart out on that tall tree.
- With one single charge the pole saw can make around 100 cuts in the tree.
- The lithium battery lasts longer than any traditional battery available; this helps in avoiding the heck of charging again and again.
- Light in weight and the compact size of the handle helps in getting the job done easily.
- This cordless pole slaw doesn’t work well with batteries other than lithium-ion ones.
Greenworks 8-Inch 40V Cordless Pole Saw, 2.0 AH Battery Included 20672
Greenworks provide a splendid system which helps in effective and quick maneuvering of your gardens. The pole saw works on the lithium-ion battery which gives the voltage of 40 volts. The battery runs on 2 ampere, thus you can easily charge this at your homes. If you are looking for a durable tool, then go for Greenworks pole saw. This is because the exceptional features of the same will deliver your with incredible outputs for a longer period of time. Read these features discussed below in detail.
Key Features and Specifications:
- An oil applier is fitted in the set-up which works automatically and lubricates the tool and thus helps in increasing the durability and quality of work delivered.
- The weight of the product is not more than 9 pounds and therefore the tool is incredibly mobile.
- The length of cutting bar is 8 inches and this helps in trimming and pruning without going through any hassles.
- The lithium-ion battery which works on the voltage of approximately 40 volts is known to serve 5 times more productivity than any of the traditional batteries used in regular pole saws.
- The pole saw is made up of a long aluminum shaft which can be extended to get the pruning till 8 feet over the head.
- The chain tensioning system of the tool is simply amazing. One can quickly tighten and release the grip of the chain while trimming.
- The tool doesn’t work that great for the horizontal cuts as it does for the long vertical cuts.
Remington RM1025SPS Ranger 10-Inch 8-Amp Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw Combo
Remington Ranger pole saw is an electric tool which works efficiently with 8 amperes of electricity. It actually serves as a chainsaw too and the best part is that you don’t need extra tools to covert it back into the pole saw. This two in one device has a perfect grip which avoids the slipping of the whole structure. The length of the pole saw can be changed with the easy flip and lock design, but this won’t be necessary as the length of the cutting bar is around 10 inches already. Learn more about the specific features of this best electric pole saw plus chainsaw.
Key Features and Specifications:
- Both the poles are made of aluminum and the shifting of clamps helps in adjusting the length of the whole setup to reach the toughest spot on the tree.
- The electric motor is already fitted in the setup and works on the 8 amperes of electricity. Despite the addition of motor, the setup is still lightweight to be carried around.When you want this tool to be used as a chainsaw, you can simply detach the pole and trigger your cutting skills on the various objects around you.
- Lawn maintenance becomes easy with the use of two in one tool that helps to reach the hardest spots on the tall trees.
- The instant gearing up feature of the Remington pole saw makes it the best pole saw. It is an absolutely intelligent and a wonderful savior for those who are way too lazy.
- The setup doesn’t have the self-oiling feature which affects the durability of the too to quite an extent.
Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw
The brand Sun Joe has a reputation of serving A-one products when it comes to home decoration and landscaping of lawn. Whether you are buying a weed wacker, lawn mower, snow blower, etc. you can relax your brows if you are buying products of Sun Joe brand. All these tools are of high quality as well as bear an affordable price. This is because Sun Joe believes that everyone should be able to tackle the household chores with the right tools and in order to buy these tools one must not burn a hole in his/her pockets.
Key Features and Specifications:
Go through the following points in order to learn about the specifications of the Sun Joe Pole saw.
- This pole saw is an electric tool which helps in getting the wildly growing branches of the tress with absolute ease.
- Now, you don’t need a ladder when have a Sun Joe pole saw in your hands. This toll helps in grooming the overgrown trees while standing on the firm ground. The length of the pole stick can go as far as 15 foot over the head.
- The electric motor is light in weight and works on 6.5 ampere of current.
- The length of the cutting bar is around 8 inches
- There is a pre-installed oiler that works automatically and lubricates the bruised part of set-up causing friction.
- The weight of the entire tool is around 8lbs which makes it a bit difficult to carry this around.
WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw, 10-Inch
WORX has manufactured a two in one electric pole saw plus chain saw. This intelligent device was developed with one single motive that was to reach the hardest spots on the trees and strike the difficult cuts that are not within the reach. The electric motor of the toll works on the electricity of 8 ampere. Stand in your most relaxed posture on the ground hold the WORX pole saw and reach the height of 8 foot without the use of ladder or standing on your toe nails. The pole saw tools can reach maximum up to 10 feet over the head and let you do the grooming nicely.
Key Features and specifications:
- The tool comes with the auto tension system that helps to do pruning and cutting with ease.
- The two -in one design makes the entire process extremely smooth. Now you can first tear off the wild growing branches, then as they have fallen off you can detach the pole from your chain saw and cut these branches into small pieces for different purposes.
- The auto-oiling system of the tool is simply remarkable. It makes the entire setup very long-lasting and removes the hassle of manually lubricating the parts gain and again.
- The tool is multifunctional and easy to handle
- The auto-tension system combined with auto-oiling feature is very unique and useful
- The handle moves in rotatory fashion which helps in easy grooming and pruning.
- The lubrication button is not an effective option for manual oiling as the oil doesn’t come out in sufficient amount.
Oregon Cordless 40V Max PS250-A6 Pole Saw
In this tech-efficient world, Oregon tries to make highly tech-friendly tools that take the pruning and grooming business in laws to whole new level. The cordless pole saw is probably the best cordless pole saw as it comes with marvelously unique features like branch hook, standard battery & charger, adjustable collar, mid-mount motor, etc. Probably Oregon would be the first and only brand that has clearly some understanding of weight distribution balance and that’s why they came up with the intelligent mid-motor design. This unique engineering works in the favor of customers and as well as tool by increasing its durability.
Key Features and specifications:
- The shaft of the tool is made of fiber glass that accounts for the light-weight nature of the entire setup.
- The length of the shaft can be varies from 10 foot 4 inches to 7 foot 3 inches. This feature helps in pruning till the height of 15 inches above the head.
- The power generated by the motor serves more than 500 cuts across the branch
- The mid-motor design accounts for the improved cutting agility of the blades.
- The process of pruning and grooming goes on without making much noises and disturbing the whole colony of your neighbors.
- The lithium-ion battery is used which works in maximum voltage of 40 volts
- The maximum number of cuts offered in one go can range till 500.
- The design of the set is quite ergonomic and easy to handle.
- The chain is quite small to make the cuts more than 2 inches deep.
Silky New Professional Series 179-39 Telescopic Landscaping Pole Saw HAYAUCHI
All the Silky brand products are known for their exceptional quality of steel that is employed in the manufacturing of its products. The high quality of steel when subjected of remarkable craftsmanship, the results are absolutely outstanding. Now, you can reach whole new level of heights with the use of telescopic pole saw. As the name goes, you can prune the tallest of tallest tress and the length of the pole can be extended till 21 feet which 3 times more than the length of standard pole. Learn more about the unique features of this pole saw by having perusal through following points.
Key Features and specifications:
- The pole of the Silky brand saw has three extensions that can be adjusted and extended accordingly with secure locks that avoid any sort of non-functionality and slipping.
- You can even prune the deciduous tree with the blade size of15 inches
- The setup comes along with a customized scabbard that helps in the proper functioning of the blade and helps getting out the blade when stuck in the branches.
- The maximum length that can be reached by the use of telescopic pole saw is 26 feet above the head.
- The weight of the whole instrument in not more than 8 pounds which makes the pruning quite workable.
- The base of the extended pole has a shock absorber that absorbs the extreme shocks and tremors and provides the good gripping of the handle.
- At times it becomes quite clumsy to handle the extended poles and preform pruning 24 feet above the head.
TrimmerPlus PS720 8-Inch Pole Saw with Bar and Chain
If you like multi-tasking and therefor prefer tools which can perform multitasks, then TrimmerPlus has manufactured the best pole saw for you. This pole saw can be used to complete different types of tasks by making necessary adjustments in the set-up through attachment and detachment. The self-oiling mechanism give this tool extra brownie points and makes it the perfect maneuvering tool for your lawn.
Features and specifications:
- The length of the cutting bar is 8 inches
- The length of the pole is 7 feet, thus one can reach the toughest spot on the tree which 12 feet above the head.
- It is a multi-tasking tool that can be detached and attached with various blades and trimmers even of different brands like Remington, Troy-Bilt, etc. Therefore it serves an amazing experience of landscaping to all the professionals.
- The presence of self-oiling mechanism helps in lubricating the parts without any need of manual concern.
- The length of the pole comes with two-section which when assembled nicely becomes 7 feet long and can reach till the height of 12 feet maximum.
- The product comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- It doesn’t work well for the trees which have the hardest branches and couldn’t be cut off with two or three strokes of the pole saw
Types of Pole Saws
A versatile tool like pole saw is a must-buy gardening tool. Even if you’re not into landscaping profession, a pole saw will be an ideal tool for various applications when you own a lawn or big garden. Now, there are various types of pole saws that are available in the market which have their own pros and cons. Here we broadly discussing three types, thus go through the following and decide which one is best for you.
- Battery-powered pole saw:
As the name suggests, these pole saws have a portable battery which is fitted inside their setup. These batteries can be of different types delivering different range of power to the motor. The market is flooded with majorly two types of battery which are Ni-Cad and Lithium-ion. The lithium-ion batteries are known to last long more than the Ni-Cad batteries. The powerful motor installed in such pole slaw can make deep and powerful cuts in the hardest and the most stubborn branch of the trees. Different brands provide different chargers for the same.
- Gas-powered pole saw:
If you’re looking for a pole saw which is durable as well as portable, then go for the gas-powered one. When you are working with tough trees with tough spots to prune, the gas-powered one will help you deal with it. Despite being a bit heavy than other pole saws, these are still portable. The one con of using such saw is that the engine emits few fumes and the level of gas and oil must be checked from time to time under the constant usage.
- Electric pole saw:
The electric pole saws are the best ones among the three. This is because there is no emission of gases, there is no hassle of charging the battery; all you have to do is plug in and use the pole saw. One can clearly see, that the only con of using such a pole saw is that there must always be a socket around. Therefore you can’t carry this pole saw for camping purposes.
Now, there are pole saws which come with exceptional features like auto-oiling, mid-section motor, fiber-glass haft, etc. Make sure that while buying a pole saw you take into account all these factors and then go for the best pole saw for your lawn maneuvering.
Tips on HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR POLE SAW
Besides humans, the machines also need conscious maintenance. The good maintenance increases the durability the product and helps it in working with full efficiency. When it comes down to pole saw, here we have prepared a list for you on how to maintain your best pole saw and keep it in the best state.
- Whatever pole saw you’re using, whether a gas pole saw, an electric pole saw, or a battery powered pole saw, you must check all the nuts, bolts, and screws. Make them tight before using the saw.
- One must clean the saw before and after the use. Cleaning of the saw before the use helps in looking over the chain and blades while the cleaning of saw after the use helps in increasing the durability of the saw.
- If you’re using a telescopic pole saw then check for the extensions before putting it to use, in order to avoid any further inconvenience.
- For an electric pole saw, check all the connections and the cables. Make sure that no wires are hanging loose to electrocute you. Repair such wires so that your pole saw might last long a bit longer.
- If your pole saw is an auto-oiling one, then check for the level of oil and add if necessary.
- The gas pole saw has an air filter which needs to be cleaned on regular basis. The regular cleaning of these filters definitely adds months to the life of the pole saws.
- Replace all the worn-parts of your pole saw. In this you might not have to buy a new pole saw very frequently.
- Check for the chain tensioning and keep in check whether the blades are still sharp enough.
- You must also store your pole saw in a ventilated environment. This storage location must be dry and you must clean it because it may get dumped with the little leakage of the oil when not used regularly.
A pole saw is clearly an important part of the gardener’s kit. It doesn’t matter that you are passionate towards gardening or not, the pole saw will still be your favorite garden tool. Gone are the times when people used to climb 10 feet ladders to prune the difficult trees. The world has made major advancement in the terms of technology and it won’t be wrong to say that pole saw is an amazing depiction of technology and the best invention the history of gardening. The article helps you in selecting the best pole saw for you little garden or a huge lawn.
Other Gardening Tools: