Are you looking for the Best Electric Pole Saw? A pole saw is the most excellent fantastic tool used for performing common pruning jobs around your garden. Everyone now wants to save their precious time on cutting the tree over hands, untidy twigs, and branches. Many cutting tools are available to perform the tasks, but the pole saws bring some additional convenience. Choosing the perfect tree pole saw is a tricky job because there are several options available to select. For eliminating the complexity, this post shares you a list of best and most reliable pole saws.
Best Electric Pole Saw Reviews 2018
BLACK DECKER LPP120 20V Lithium-Ion Pole Saw Reviews
This 8-inch Black Decker pole saw is a fantastic tool which has designed for effortless pruning overhead branches of a tree about the height of 14 feet. Black Decker pole saw is a fantastic tool which has designed for effortless pruning overhead branches of a tree about the height of 14 feet. The bare-tool has compatible with MAX Lithium Ion cell of 20V that offers an increased lifespan. Additionally, it has 5X charging capacity than other NiCd batteries. The chain and cutting bar of 8-inch permits for an utmost cutting diameter measured as 6-inch. This device also features the in-line power-head that allows easy visibility and maneuverability between the branches. Unit disassembles safely for convenient transport. It includes a lightweight design that makes it uncomplicated to use.
- This garden equipment and an electric lawn do not release emission in the outdoor space. Additionally, it aids to reduce the carbon footprint
- The Lithium-Ion battery of 20V MAX has an increased lifespan that retains charge about 5X when compared to same NiCd batteries.
- It has chain and 8inch of cutting bar allows for an utmost cutting diameter known as 6inch
- The inline power-head permits better visibility and maneuverability between the branches
- The center extension permits for the usable length measured as 10 feet or 6.5feet
- Provides the 14feet of overhead reach
- You can disassemble the unit easily for hassle-free transport and easy storage.
- Better cutting power by using a 20V battery
- Long utmost reach
- Very lightweight
- Comes with a storage bag
- Let user use battery with any other B and D tools
- Chain and bar must be fully manually oiled
- A bit costly than some other pole saws
- Battery takes more time to charge
Remington RM1025SPS Ranger 10-Inch 8-Amp Pole Electric Chainsaw
This 2-in-1 Ranger chainsaw or pole saw features a highly adjustable or flexible aluminum pole which extends roughly about 10 feet for offering a user an enhanced reach while trimming the tree branches. The 8-amp and instant start electric motor permit user to saw via the limbs of trees quickly, when the 10-inch, low kickback bar as well as chain makes pruning and lopping easier. Once you complete taking down the branches of a tree from above, you can use the lock, and flip clamps of this Remington pole saw. It helps you to disconnect a pole immediately and prepare to cut the downed limbs.
- The 2-in-1 removable pole saw, or tool is the highly appropriate option for even hard-to-reach tiny limb trimming
- The most powerful electric motor of 8-amp drives this device with a 10-inch, kickback chain, and bar
- It has sufficient capability to cut the high branches that range from ten feet to fifteen feet overhead
- The chainsaw of this tool can be removable quickly from a pole
- Lock clamps and flip quickly protect pole length with a nonslip grip that offers comfortable use
- You can loosen a saw chain whether the tension of chain had adjusted during the operation
- Tool-less saw attachment to a pole
- This versatile saw is excellent for both light cutting and pruning
- Lightweight whether used as the traditional chainsaws
- Cheap Pole Saw
- Some quality problems reported
- Heavy while working on a pole
Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Best Electric Pole Chain Saw
It takes both the difficulty and danger out of cutting or trimming the overgrown trees. You can stand on a solid ground safely and just adjust the telescoping pole of Saw Joe for gaining about 15 ft of an overhead reach. Powered by the robust and powerful 6.5A motor, this tool can handle even the limbs of stubborn trees about 7.5 inches of thick. It also features the 8 inches of Oregon bar and a chain with the auto-oiler option. This option keeps both the chain and bar lubricated while using. Moreover, it has a built-in protective switch for avoiding accidental starting.
- The automatic lubrication system comes with a window for gauging the level of oil
- Rubber-covered and ergonomic handle for better comfort
- Plastic blade protective cover for secure storage
- Consistent output, reliable start-ups, zero emissions and low noise
- Meets the ETL listing quality and safety standards
- Consistently power up even with a push of single button as well as features a secure switch for preventing the accidental start
- Features the 8 inches of chain and Oregon bar with the auto-oiler for keeping the chain and bar lubricated while using
- The automatic lubrication system of chain enables excellent lubrication, and this option has transparent opening for an oil reservoir
- It has the lock for a pole which is easy to tighten, secure and adjust
- Ideal for pruning and trimming
- Cheaper in Price
- Oil leaking issues
- It quickly heats up
WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw 10-Inch
The 2-in-1 WORX pole saw and the chain saw is a multifunctional and unique tool. It comes with an 8-foot of extension pole for reaching increased limbs without any ladder. You can remove a pole to chop up all fallen limbs. It is a low-maintenance tool that includes the patented and auto-tensioning chain device for extending the overall lifetime of a chain and bar. Furthermore, the toll-free and automatic chain tensioning device and mechanical oil pump come with a level indicator that makes it easier to maintain and operate. The 10-inch compact powerhouse also includes the rotatable handle used for smooth pruning.
- Ideal for a light to the medium-duty pruning, clean-up and trimming around the garden
- The patented auto-tension system for improved chain and extended bard life
- The 2-in-1 tool design features chainsaw plus pole saw for excellent versatility
- The most powerful 8A motor provides consistent performance
- The toll-free extension pole additions make it convenient to convert between the functions
- The mechanical chain oiler comes with the oil level indicating facility for easy monitoring
- Ability to reach roughly about 10 feet with a pole evenly extended
- The overall capacity of an oil tank is four fl. oz.
- Suitable tool for a light to average duty lambing, trimming, pruning and cleaning around a garden
- Operates without any tools and need less maintenance
- Includes rotatable handle for aiding with the finest pruning
- The oil pump of this pole has some tendency for leaking after some days of use
- The chain quickly loses its sharpness
Oregon Cordless 40V Max PS250-A6 Pole Saw with 4.0 Ah Battery
This PS250-A6 40V Oregon pole saw has a mid-mount motor design that offers excellent weight balance and distribution. This unique engineering creates a real user-centric tool which is distinctive to cordless saw industry. It also includes extendable and tool-free fiberglass that let tool for extending from roughly about 7’3” to 10’4” as well as offers 14’15’ reach. A high-torque performance of this device has controlled by the planetary and custom designed gear reduction device permitting for the most efficient power transfer. It also comes with a cutting head or top for lightweight maneuverability, minimized increased weight and enhanced cutting flexibility
- The Lithium-Ion battery of 40V MAX for about five hundred cut on two to 3 inches branches
- It includes mid-mount motor design used for excellent tool balance as well as minimal elevated weight
- The premium battery technology includes stable no-fade power
- The planetary gear lessening system generates a proficient power transfer
- It has small cutting head and 8 inches of cast and hard-aluminum branch cutting hook permit for a better cutting flexibility
- Instant beginning – full freedom from the cords, pull-free cords, no gas-oil blend, no emission and no warm-up
- Ergonomically designed to be balanced, quiet, light-weight and low-vibration
- Completely extended, it has an utmost reach of fifteen feet
- It has excellent battery life
- The automatic oil has a clear oil level indicating option that let user see the level of oil
- Expensive when compared to the other models
- Cutting chain includes a propensity to jump
How to use a pole saw
The pole saws can be very handy, but similar to any cutting device these can be somewhat dangerous also. Many pole saws always come with the instructional booklets, so you can read it before using the tool for the first time for ensuring proper and safe usage.
Before using this tool, you should check it for ensuring your pole saw is a good working condition and secure use. After that, you can clean the space between your position and tree. You can keep in your mind the possible danger of falling big limbs whether you are cutting directly overhead. Once inspect the trimming tool and clean any potential obstructions below the limb of your tree, you require planning the cuts. Also, the trimming of a few branch typically needs an array of jump cuts and preliminary cuts before making a final cut.
While cutting limbs, branches and much more, most of the instant the blade of a pole saw should begin at a top position. While making the jump cuts, though, you will require starting its blade as well as cut from below the limb. During the cutting process, the gravity is not on your side, so it is significant to keep the tool weight in your mind while making the purchasing decision.
By using your two hands, you can vertically place the pole saw and keep the device in that same position for few minutes for controlling its entire weight. After that, you can adjust the saw position to a cutting spot as well as a remaining portion of its weight on a limb of the tree. With the tool resting on a branch, you can correct your position. You require standing to a side of your stem and never below it when holding this tool at your chest level. Whether you have any adjustable pole saw which can extend while required, you can lengthen it for achieving a safe cutting angle.
Leisurely and in control, start cutting perpendicular to a limb and strive to make the initial cut into your tree as more as possible. It is possible even if you require going in other direction with the remaining parts of cuts. A simple idea is for making the groove in your tree which will guide you and let you make cutting strokes quickly. It is very normal for a saw to slip sideways in the starting state while cutting the sloped branches. Readjust your tool if it happens.
When the tree branches get to a point where they look similar to it may immediately fall, prepared for retreating safely and quickly if needed. These tools make the cutting completely out-of-reach vines, brush and branches super easy.
Tips on how to maintain your pole saw
It is helpful and essential to perform often maintenance on your tree trimming pole saw for optimizing its complete reliability and increase its lifespan. If you use the pole saws often for trimming trees, they will start to decay. Due to this, it fails to work for a long time in certain years. Many ways are there to keep the pole saw in a proper condition and performing as a new one so that you can follow the right one as per the desire. The following passage includes lots of maintenance tips that ensure your pole saw is working smoothly and delivers you pleasing performance for a long time.
Routines of daily maintenance:
- You can clean and wipe down the outside portion of your tree pole saw that includes the place under a protective cover
- Clean and check its air filter
- Check to ensure the throttle trigger lock, throttle, and stop option are working properly
- Check for the fuel leaks
- Make sure every nut, bolt, and screw is in tight condition
Routines of weekly maintenance:
- Check the return spring, started and starter cord
- For gas-powered models, you can remove as well as clean a spark plug
- Check around a carburetor and examine for ensuring the air consumption is not completely blocked
- Test the elements of vibration-dampening and ensure that they are working correctly
- Clean the cooling fins of flywheel
Routines of monthly maintenance:
- Clean a carburetor
- Clean a fuel tank
- Check a fuel filter
- Clean a fan wheel
- You can clean a spark plug as well as change if essential
- You can check every cable and ensure the connections in the pole saws have tightened
Repairing or maintaining the pole saw many require disassembling.You can watch the videos to learn the procedure for dismantling this tool. Most of these guidelines are ideal for gas-powered models only because the cordless and electric-powered models require little maintenance. Whether you select the gas-power model, smart maintenance routines will aid you in preventing damages to the pole saw. Additionally, it also helps to keep a pole saw in a proper working condition.
After reading the reviews of 5 Durable and best electric pole saws, the reader will surely get a clear idea about how to choose the right pole saw. Pole saws are vital, but these tools can only work for your well whether your select the pole saw suitable for your requirements.You can always insist on durability and quality factor, but you may also purchase based on your budget. Comparing the features and specifications of best electric pole saw is another smart way to reach the right decision.